This is my third and final review of Nike sweat shorts.
To tell you the truth, these are my least favorite Nike sweatshorts.
The funny thing is, they are probably the most popular.
Why? Because Nike AW77 Alumni Sweat Shorts are easy to find and come in a bunch of different colors.
You can even find Kanye West rocking them.
|Fabric||5/5||100% Cotton French Terry|
|Fit||2/5||Spacious but Short in Length|
|Washing||3/5||Shrank more then other Nike Sweat Shorts|
|Drawstring||5/5||Thick Shoelace Drawstring|
|Waistband||2/5||No Elastic. Shorts have to be held up by drawstring|
|Pockets||4/5||2 Side Pockets. But Pockets are deep|
|Variety||5/5||Come in size S-XXXL. And in a bunch of colors.|
Overall score 3.62/5
- Lots of room for movement. Definitely passed the squat test.
- At first I wasn't a fan of the 100% cotton french terry. I need a little polyester in my life. But I am not going to lie, it started to grow on me.
- Surprisingly deep pockets. Even though there are only two, at least they are deep so your phone and wallet wont slide out.
- A very strong drawstring to hold them up. Since there is a lack of elastic in the waistband
What needs work
- The shorts are very spacious, but run short in length. I bought a XXL and the rest an inch above the top of my knee cap.
- They shrank in the wash. Not significantly, but more than expected from a Nike product.
- Lack of elastic in the waistband. I was going to recommend buying a size up, to fix the length problem, but then the shorts would fall off.
- The hem on the bottom of the legs has begun to roll up. And if you know me I have a grudge with unfinished hems.
- If you like shorter sweatshorts. One that comes above knee height then these may be for you.
- I do not recommend buying a size up due to lack of elastic in the waistband. They may not stay up at all
Out of the three other Nike sweatshorts these are my least favorite. But if you are looking to buy them go here.